Rome Shocked - Seems Drafting Of Fifth Chambers Report With Poss Illegalities Not Even At First Base
Posted by Peter Quennell
In summary, Judge Marasca in his 27 March court ruling and 29 March Corriere interview illegally threw out the March 2013 First Chambers rulings. Plus he illegally accepted the appeal arguments on the evidence which he should not have.
He cannot do that in the sentencing report itself without reprisals being guaranteed.
Our first alert today was this tweet by the most reliable Italy-based reporter on the case.
Andrea Vogt @andreavogt: Italian legal code (Art. 617) requires Cassation court to issue reasoning after 30 days. #AmandaKnox case due April 27. Why the delay?
On checking, word appears to be spreading in Rome that the Fifth Chambers may not even have got to first base.
On April 27 a draft of the report should have been filed with the Cassation Registry. But it apparently isnt even there yet.
Here are the relevant rules for the Supreme Court.
1. The Original
Art. 628 CPP
1. Conclusa la deliberazione, il presidente o il consigliere da lui designato redige la motivazione. Si osservano le disposizioni concernenti la sentenza nel giudizio di primo grado, in quanto applicabili.
2. La sentenza, sottoscritta dal presidente e dall’estensore, è depositata in cancelleria non oltre il trentesimo giorno dalla deliberazione.
3. Qualora il presidente lo disponga, la corte si riunisce in camera di consiglio per la lettura e l’approvazione del testo della motivazione. Sulle proposte di rettifica, integrazione o cancellazione la corte delibera senza formalità.
2. The Translation
1. Subsequent to the deliberation, the president or the director appointed by him draws up the motivation report. They observe the provisions concerning the judgment in the first instance, as applicable.
2. The judgment, signed by the President and by the writer, is lodged at the Registry no later than the thirtieth day after the deliberation.
3. If the president has done this, the court will meet in closed session for the reading and approval of the text of the motivation. On the proposed rectification, integration or cancellation the court shall act without formalities.
What To Expect?
The only legal and face-saving way out? Admit error, and if there are real grounds, refer the appeal back down to the Florence court.
No comments yet. No comments yet. No comments yet.