Ten Of The Ways In Which The FOA Petition On Change Org Is Absurdly Wrong
Posted by Peter Quennell
Again and again in sharp contrast the Knox PR tries to go 180 degrees the other way. Down is up. Black is white. Instead of making one or two mistakes, it makes hundreds - and then lets them stand. Again and again, talking point are shot down - but in Marriott’s zombieland they never stay dead.
Now the Knox PR is pinning its hopes on an ill-conceived Change.org petition posted here. This is just part of what it gets wrong.
1) There was no corruption at any point except that of the Hellmann court for which there is proof which Italy and the US have probably shared already.
2) There was no abuse of the pair, ever, and no paper trail by either the two defenses or the US Embassy vital to the credibility of this claim. In fact the defenses have invariably inclined the other way, thinking this is a foolish way to go.
3) There was no abusive interrogation of Knox on 5-6 Nov - in fact there was no interrogation at all. In great detail what happened was described at trial. Knox had insisted on being there and she merely listed some other possible perps - all of which the cops checked out. Then she herself said and wrote way too much, when she was told she had been dropped in it by RS. The cops rather hoped she’d shut up.
4) Knox herself shrugged off the need for a lawyer on that night after her statements came pouring out - even after Dr Mignini had read her her rights - as multiple witnesses testified. Knox still cant explain why she claimed she headed out alone on the night, leaving Sollecito behind.
5) RS and AK had five opportunities between November 2007 and January 2009 to get themselves freed or moved to house arrest. They failed each time. In one of those it was Cassation which turned them down. Judge Matteini and Cassation listed a ton of evidence against them and believed if sprung on house arrest they could cause harm.
6) The claims about Guede in that petition are totally upside down. He didnt go gunning for them - in reality they went gunning for him!! Everybody could see that in mid 2008 as this report shows.
Claims have been made of a pact between Knox and her Italian former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito, 24. It is alleged their lawyers have agreed to work together to blame the murder on Rudy Guede, 21, a part-time gardener from the Ivory Coast and the third accused.
Now, Guede’s lawyers are threatening to call for a separate trial for him alone - well away from the legal teams of the other two whom they fear could prejudice his case.
It is a pact, says Guede’s lawyer Walter Biscotti, that can be traced back to July when Sollecito sent Knox a bouquet of yellow flowers on her 21st birthday which both celebrated in prison.
‘There is a clear desire to make Rudy the guilty party, and it’s clear they will try anything,’ Biscotti said.
7. Guede did not testify at the 2009 trial, he just sat there mute and then went away. In sharp contrast the RS and AK teams introduced witnesses trying to do maximum harm to him.
- (a) The witness who said Guede was in his apartment; but he had not even reported that to the cops, and Judge Micheli concluded he was a publicity hound at best.
(b) The two lawyers who said someone broke into their office; but even they hinted it was really a work-related hit as legal documents had been gone though and some probably copied and removed in a car.
(c) The head of the pre-school in Milan; but she could not even call Guede’s presence a break-in because he must have been given a key to get in.
Neither Guede nor his lawyers were in court to cross-examine or repudiate any of those witnesses; and the prosecution took zero role - asked zero questions - so it was ONLY the RS and AK defenses and not Guede who had an unfair edge here.
8) Cassation did not say in ending Guede’s process that it must have been RS and AK along with Guede at the crime. The closed sessions at trial in 2009 showed conclusively to the judges that there had been three, which is why the defenses (not the prosecution) put Alessi and Aviello on the stand. Cassation simply agreed with this.
9) This was not a one man crime by a rapist or burglar, it was provably a 15-minute torture and humiliation pack attack fueled by rage. Knox’s trial and appeal courts both concluded that she plunged in the knife and RS and Guede have shown strong signs of not having not been pre-warned and remaining sore ever since.
10) As usual with the PR a huge amount about the case and RS and AK is simply left out. Here is a comment first posted on another thread which explains how this lies-of-omission approach works (or doesnt work).
If you watch the numerous CBS videos or read the numerous attacks on Italy on their site, do you spot a trend? CBS 48 Hours is prone to leaving an awful lot out.
Where is CBS’s translation of even one major document? Where is evidence of knowledge of even one court transcript? Where is the real reason the appeals were allowed? Where are the five opportunities RS and AK were given before trial to prove they had no role? Where are the bad times the defense had in 2009? What about the lengthy trial sessions behind closed doors? Where are the numerous conflicting alibis? Where are the numerous whacks at one another by RS and AK? Where is AK’s disastrous stint on the stand? Where is any mention of the dealer Knox screwed for drugs? Where is the current trial of RS for his book? Where is the trial of Oggi for Knox’s book? Where is the Knox interrogation hoax? Where is the Carabineri lab nailing the “science” of C&V? Where is the known corruption of the Hellmann court? Where is the downfall of defense witnesses Alessi and Aviello? Where is the Guede/lone-wolf hoax? Where is the downward spiral of Frank Sforza now on trial in Italy and wanted by US and Canadian police? Where is any fair remark about the Italian system or its staff? Where is the long overdue expose of the Preston hoaxes? Why are Spetzi’s many losses in court not there? Where is the truth about the Narducci 22? Where is Dr Mignini’s total rebound and promotion after Cassation sharply repudiated a rogue prosecutor and judge in Florence? Why does CBS feel such a need to defame so many Italians in English from so far? Where is any mention of the PR’s corrupting very big bucks?
We have no problem seeing the foolish petition remain up - but in their own best interests Knox herself and Sollecito himself should want the incriminating thing taken down. It will merely further annoy the courts.
And they really should tell the blundering Marriott to get lost.
No comments yet. No comments yet. No comments yet.